Dear Friends and Neighbors,
First, I would like to thank all of those who supported me during the campaign and have given me the opportunity to serve as your elected Council Member for District 13. I am honored to have this opportunity to represent District 13 on the City Council, and I will continue to learn, research, and explore City Council issues so I can best represent you as your Council Member....
Read full letter...
News and Updates
- There is a ESD zoning matter (Z145-157) scheduled for a public hearing before the City Plan Commission on Thursday March 2, 2017. Please be advised that the applicant has requested that the hearing be held under advisement until Thursday April 6, 2017.
The applicant would like additional time to revise the Traffic Management Plan and continue discussions with neighbors. As this case has been posted for a public hearing, the public is still welcome to attend and make comments this Thursday March 2, 2017, but the substance of this case will not be heard until Thursday April 6, 2017.
Questions? Please call the District 13 Council office or contact City Plan Commissioner Margot Murphy at: CPC-D13@dallascityhall.com
City of Dallas City Manager T.C. Broadnax will be holding a series of community engagement meetings as we begin preparation for the FY 2017-18 budget. These meetings will allow the City Manager to get to know the community and understand community needs. Your feedback will serve as a basis for the development of the FY 2017-2018 budget that Mr. Broadnax will recommend later this year.
Please see the following meeting information below:
- Winter 2016 Newsletter
District 13 Street Update
- Mobility and Street Services Department has an ongoing resurfacing project on Royal Lane from Preston to Hillcrest. Construction is expected to last another 4 weeks for concrete repair. New asphalt is scheduled to be placed in the last week of March after the concrete repairs are completed and new striping will follow 5 to 7 days later, weather permitting.
Mobility and Street Services Department has resurfaced Midway Road from the
11,800 block through its 12,700 block-or from Forest to Harvest Hill. The scope of work totaled 5.47 street lane miles. Striping remains to be done in this same segment of Midway Road and it should be done within the following two weeks. No other work is planned contiguous to either end of this Midway Road Segment. Midway Road section from BlueBonnet Rd to Northwest Hwy West (blocks 8700 - 9100) is also planned for concrete partial reconstruction repairs between now and Sep 30, 2017. Lastly, the 8200 and 8300 blocks of Midway Road will be Slurry Sealed later this year during summer no later than Sep 30, 2017, weather permitting.
The North Texas Tollway Authority will begin an improvement project on the Dallas North Tollway (DNT) between Harvest Hill Road and Interstate 35E
in April 2017
. The two-year project will include replacing the tollway's center barrier and pavement. The work will occur within the cities of Dallas, University Park and Highland Park. To minimize traffic impacts, the improvement work will be conducted during off peak hours at night and during some weekends. Some temporary lane and ramp closures may be needed. While the barrier is being removed and replaced, the work will be noisy, and the main lanes of the DNT will need to be narrowed. Throughout the project, NTTA plans to the public informed through a variety of communications tools including e-newsletters, lane and ramp closure announcements, information posted on NTTA.org, traffic advisories, social media posts and when needed, community meetings. The Project Fact Sheet explains the DNT overlay and barrier project.
Dallas Water Utilities has a scheduled Wastewater Pipeline installation from LBJ Freeway and Dallas North Tollway to Northaven Road
. Work is slated to start in March 2017
with an estimated completion date of April 2018
, weather permitting. Construction along Inwood will be confined to Southbound lanes, and no closure of Inwood will occur during construction. Project Information Sheet
- Dallas Water Utilities (DWU) has schedueld a pipeline replacement project in the Alley between Fredrick Dquare and Sherry Lane from Lomo Alto Drive to Douglas Ave starting November 7, 2016, with an estimated completion date of spring 2017.
- Dallas Water Utilities (DWU) have a project on Walnut Hill from Surrey Oaks Drive to the Dallas
North Tollway (DNT). All of the water mains have been installed and are operational. The paving
over the new water mains is 90% complete. The contractor is currently
working on the 24" wastewater main in front of Ursuline Academy,
tunneling East past Inwood.
Once the tunnel heading East is completed, the contractor will turn the
tunneling machine around and head west down Walnut Hill towards the end
of the project, approximately 700 feet. The contractor anticipates that the
tunneled sections will be complete by mid-January.
Overall, the utility work is estimated to be complete by April 2017, followed
by final paving restoration. Final paving restoration will consist of one lane
in both the eastbound and westbound directions as well as areas impacted
by crossings to make utility connections. Staff estimates that all paving
restoration will be completed in May 2017.
The contractor is scheduled to work the week between Christmas and New
Year's. Staff will closely monitor the project during this time and keep the
area as tidy as possible.
- The Dallas Water Utilities is replacing the pump station at Walnut Hill and Hillcrest. DWU Facility Condition Assessment listed the 63-year-old Walcrest pump station as 8th poorest condition facility in the system therefore the pump station is in need of replacement. Construction for this project will last through Fall of 2019. For more information on this project please visit www.walcrest.org .
District 13 Zoning Change Applications
Z145-157 Episcopal School of Dallas Pending before CPC 4/06/2017
- Z145-215 9407 Midway Rd. In review, pending before CPC
- Z156-155 Preston Hollow Village Project Amend planned development district 750 at 7700 Meadow Park Drive, 7704 Willow Wind Court, 7707 Walnut Hill Lane. District 11, pending before CPC 4/06/2017
- Z156-237 3740 W Northwest Highway QuikTrip Deferred at Council Meeting on 4/27/2016, pending before CPC 4/27/2017
Z156-235 5550 LBJ Fwy Zoning Change, pending before CPC 5/18/2017
- Z156-297 8484 Walnut Hill Lane PD for MU-2 uses and mini-warehouse. In review
- Z167-161 8325 Walnut Hill Lane, Walnut Hill Lane and Rambler Road Amend PD-76 to allow updated monument/movement control signage. Pending City Council.
- Z167-208 2920 Forest Lane - St. Jude. Adding new parking spaces. Planned multifamily, retirement and permanent supportive housing. In review
- Z167-216 10031 Marsh Lane SUP for a restaurant to serve alcoholic beverages. In review
- Z167-237 Northside of Meadow Road, both sides of Treehouse Lane. Amendment to modify rules for shared access developments. In review
District 13 Board of Adjustment Applications