Dear Friends and Neighbors,
First, I would like to thank all of those who supported me during the campaign and have given me the opportunity to serve as your elected Council Member for District 13. I am honored to have this opportunity to represent District 13 on the City Council, and I will continue to learn, research, and explore City Council issues so I can best represent you as your Council Member....
Read full letter...
News and Updates
- Summer 2017 Newsletter
- The Dallas Water Utilities has a wastewater pipeline replacement project on Preston Park Drive from Stanford Avenue to Lovers Lane. The contractor will mobilize and begin working in this area during the week of August 14, 2017 and is scheduled to be complete during the winter of 2017/2018. During this construction period, portions of the street will be closed for a short period of time to install the new water and wastewater mains. Please do not park in the affected areas of the street during the construction activities. Every effort will be made to insure access to existing driveways.
- The Dallas Water Utilities Wastewater Pipeline installation from LBJ Freeway and Dallas North Tollway to Northaven Road is underway. Please see the Project Information Sheet (July 2017 Update) for more information on this project.
The project will require a partial closure of Willow Lane from Inwood Road to just west of the Bachman Creek channel. The contractor plans to mobilize to Willow Lane and set up for the closure beginning the first of June 2017. Willow Lane within these limits will be closed daily from 7am to 7pm and re-opened in the evening after 7pm. After 7pm, 2-way traffic will be maintained along Willow in the current eastbound lanes keeping the north side of the street closed for construction equipment and materials.
During the closure, traffic will be detoured to Welch Road, Forest Lane, and Harvest Hill. Appropriate traffic control barriers and signage will be provided. In coordination with Traffic Control, staff has elected to detour east-west traffic from Willow Lane to Welch Road rather than Nashwood Lane and Drujon Lane due to the residential impact. Staff anticipates this phase of construction and associated closure to last approximately 8 weeks, finishing ahead of school openings.
- The Dallas Water Utilities is replacing the pump station at Walnut Hill and Hillcrest. Demolition of the old pump station and reservoir is now complete. The overall project is 55% complete and it is expected that the first half of the pump station will be placed into service in early Summer 2018. Overall construction activities for this project will last through Fall of 2019. Dallas Water Utilities will revisit the landscape plan and engage the Ad Hoc Committee beginning in January 2018. The Planned Development (PD) requires the building official to approve the inventory all plants in the final landscape plan and Council will be required to approve the contract prior to implementation of the final landscape plan. For more information on this project please see the Walcrest Pump Station Fact Sheet here and visit www.walcrest.org
District 13 Street Update
- Dallas Water Utilities is installing pipelines on Marsh Lane from South of Park Lane to Walnut Hill Lane (PID #14-233-234-). All pipe has been installed, and placed in service. The project is in the final stages of paving and should wrap up by the first week of August. This will complete construction on this project. Once the weather breaks, and we start getting cooler weather, at the advice of Arborist Karen Woodard, we will begin planting new trees in the median along Marsh Lane.
- Dallas Water Utilities is installing pipelines on Walnut Hill from DNT to Surrey Oaks. ( PID 13-139-)All pipe on this project is installed. The paving on the East side of Inwood Road and the intersection of Inwood Road and Walnut Hill has been completed. On the West side of Inwood Road, out in front of Ursuline Academy, all paving is complete, except for 2 manholes left to place. One is in the creek west of Ursuline and is being poured this week and the other in Walnut Hill . Our contractor will begin paving around the manhole in Walnut Hill starting next week and will finish at the end of the same week.
- Dallas Water Utilities is constructing new water and wastewater mains on Royal Lane from Cromwell Drive west (PID #4616). The contractor will begin working in this area the week of April 24, 2017 and is scheduled to be completed the end of spring 2018. For more information on this project, please click Dist 13 Royal Lane
- Dallas Water Utilities is constructing new water and wastewater mains on Skillman Street from Larmanda to Abrams Road (PID 4923). - Council District 9, 13, & 14. The contractor will begin working in this area the week of April 24, 2017 and is scheduled to be completed winter 2017/2018. For more information on this project, please cllick Dist 9 13 and 14 Skillman Street
- Mobility and Street Services Department has resurfaced Midway Road from the11,800 block through its 12,700 block-or from Forest to Harvest Hill. The scope of work totaled 5.47 street lane miles. Striping remains to be done in this same segment of Midway Road and it should be done within the following two weeks. No other work is planned contiguous to either end of this Midway Road Segment. Midway Road section from BlueBonnet Rd to Northwest Hwy West (blocks 8700 - 9100) is also planned for concrete partial reconstruction repairs between now and Sep 30, 2017. Lastly, the 8200 and 8300 blocks of Midway Road will be Slurry Sealed later this year during summer no later than Sep 30, 2017, weather permitting.
- The North Texas Tollway Authority will begin an improvement project on the Dallas North Tollway (DNT) between Harvest Hill Road and Interstate 35E in April 2017. The two-year project will include replacing the tollway's center barrier and pavement. The work will occur within the cities of Dallas, University Park and Highland Park. To minimize traffic impacts, the improvement work will be conducted during off peak hours at night and during some weekends. Some temporary lane and ramp closures may be needed. While the barrier is being removed and replaced, the work will be noisy, and the main lanes of the DNT will need to be narrowed. Throughout the project, NTTA plans to the public informed through a variety of communications tools including e-newsletters, lane and ramp closure announcements, information posted on NTTA.org, traffic advisories, social media posts and when needed, community meetings. The Project Fact Sheet explains the DNT overlay and barrier project.
- Dallas Water Utilities has a scheduled Wastewater Pipeline installation from LBJ Freeway and Dallas North Tollway to Northaven Road. Work started in March 2017 with an estimated completion date of April 2018, weather permitting. Construction along Inwood will be confined to Southbound lanes, and no closure of Inwood will occur during construction. During May, the majority of the traffic impacts will be on Northaven. Flaggers will direct traffic affected by trench construction during working hours. Two way traffic on Northaven will be maintained after working hours. After tunneling work at the intersection of Forest Lane and Inwood Road is complete, a section of paving for the tunneling shaft will be restored. The right lane on southbound Inwood just north of Forest Lane will be reopened after the concrete is allowed to cure. The contractor plans to mobilize to Willow Lane and set up for the closure beginning the first of June 2017. Willow Lane within these limits will be closed daily from 7am to 7pm and re-opened in the evening after 7pm. After 7pm, 2-way traffic will be maintained along Willow in the current eastbound lanes keeping the north side of the street closed for construction equipment and materials. During the closure, traffic will be detoured to Welch Road, Forest Lane, and Harvest Hill. Appropriate traffic control barriers and signage will be provided. A message board was moved further west on Willow near the intersection with Drujon Lane to avoid non-residential traffic from proceeding down Willow past Drujon towards the construction site and Shirestone. In coordination with Traffic Control, staff has elected to detour east-west traffic from Willow Lane to Welch Road rather than Nashwood Lane and Drujon Lane due to the residential impact. Staff anticipates this phase of construction and associated closure to last approximately 8 weeks, finishing ahead of school openings. Project Information Sheet (July 2017 Update)
- Dallas Water Utilities (DWU) has scheduled a pipeline replacement project in the Alley between Fredrick Square and Sherry Lane from Lomo Alto Drive to Douglas Ave starting November 7, 2016, with an estimated completion date of spring 2017.
District 13 Zoning Change Applications
- Z156-237 3740 W Northwest Highway Deferred at Council Meeting on 4/27/2016, pending CPC 09/07/2017
- Z167-237 Northside of Meadow Road, both sides of Treehouse Lane. Approved by CPC, pending before City Council.
- Z167-252 8350 Park Lane and 5918 Ridgecrest Road Change zoning from MF-2 (A) to MF-3A Multifamily District. Approved by CPC, pending before City Council.
- Z167-278 3909 Sherwood Forest Add provisions for single family uses that will facilitate a shared access development to allow up to 33 single family lots to have one access point. In review.
- Z167-282 7915 Greenville Avenue Amendment to allow the expansion of an existing equipment building. In review.
- Z167-287 6631 Larmanda Street @ Skillman Relocate driveway location to accomodated retail use. In review.
- Z167-290 7606 Greenville Avenue East side of Greenville, northeast of Meadow Road. Terminate deed restrictions. Pending before CC.
- Z167-297 5414 Forest Lane Install a monument sign. In review.
- Z167-317 4900 Walnut Hill Lane Ursuline Academy Amendments to Development Plan, Landscape and Traffic Management Plan. In review.
- Z167-326 Northeast corner of Sherry Lane and Lomo Alto Drive Allow for certain additional limited protrusions into the residential proximity slope. In review.
- Z167-338 8182 Manderville Ln Expansion and reduction of subdistricts D and C to allow for a senior living campus development. In review.
District 13 Board of Adjustment Applications