Dear Friends and Neighbors,
First, I would like to thank all of those who supported me during the campaign and have given me the opportunity to serve as your elected Council Member for District 13. I am honored to have this opportunity to represent District 13 on the City Council, and I will continue to learn, research, and explore City Council issues so I can best represent you as your Council Member....
Read full letter...
News and Updates
- The Dallas Water Utilities is replacing the pump station at Walnut Hill and Hillcrest. Demolition of the old pump station and reservoir is now complete. The overall project is 55% complete and it is expected that the first half of the pump station will be placed into service in early Summer 2018. Overall construction activities for this project will last through Fall of 2019. Dallas Water Utilities will revisit the landscape plan and engage the Ad Hoc Committee beginning in January 2018. The Planned Development (PD) requires the building official to approve the inventory all plants in the final landscape plan and Council will be required to approve the contract prior to implementation of the final landscape plan. For more information on this project please see the Walcrest Pump Station Fact Sheet here and visit www.walcrest.org
District 13 Street Update
- Dallas Water Utilities is constructing new water and wastewater mains on Royal Lane from Cromwell Drive west (PID #4616). The contractor will begin working in this area the week of April 24, 2017 and is scheduled to be completed the end of spring 2018. For more information on this project, please click the following link: Dist 13 Royal Lane
- Dallas Water Utilities has scheduled a pipeline replacement project on Whirlaway Road from Webb Chapel Road to Webb Garden Drive. The contractor will begin working in this area during the week of October 30th 2017 and is scheduled to be complete during the winter of 2017/2018, weather permitting.For more information on this project, please click on the following link: Dist 13 Whirlaway Road.
- Dallas Water Utilities has a scheduled Wastewater Pipeline installation from LBJ Freeway and Dallas North Tollway to Northaven Road. Work started in March 2017 with an estimated completion date of April 2018, weather permitting. Construction along Inwood will be confined to Southbound lanes, and no closure of Inwood will occur during construction. During May, the majority of the traffic impacts will be on Northaven. Flaggers will direct traffic affected by trench construction during working hours. Two way traffic on Northaven will be maintained after working hours. After tunneling work at the intersection of Forest Lane and Inwood Road is complete, a section of paving for the tunneling shaft will be restored. The right lane on southbound Inwood just north of Forest Lane will be reopened after the concrete is allowed to cure. Project Information Sheet (October 2017 Update)
Dallas Water Utilties completed their street repair on Walnut Hill Lane. Unfortunately, the street repair budget within the contract does not allow them to repair the entire street. Due to the amount of pavement replaced by Burns Construction for the DWU project, The City of Dallas Mobility and Street Department felt it was in the best interest of the City to continue the repair of the remaining pavement. There are significant failures in the pavement that could compromise the newly replaced pavement. Construction should last for 4 to 5 more weeks. Staff has been in contact with Ursuline Academy about traffic control and congestion around the school and are working with them.
- The Dallas Water Utilities has a wastewater pipeline replacement project on Preston Park Drive from Stanford Avenue to Lovers Lane. The contractor will mobilize and begin working in this area during the week of August 14, 2017 and is scheduled to be complete during the winter of 2017/2018. During this construction period, portions of the street will be closed for a short period of time to install the new water and wastewater mains. Please do not park in the affected areas of the street during the construction activities. Every effort will be made to insure access to existing driveways.
- Dallas Water Utilities is having a pipeline project in the Easement southwest of Stonegate Road from Briarwood Lane northeast. The contractor will begin working during the week beginning Monday, August 21, 2017 and is scheduled to be complete the end of Fall 2017. For more information on this project please click this link: Dist 13 Easement southwest of Stonegate Road
- Dallas Water Utilities is constructing new water and wastewater mains on Skillman Street from Larmanda to Abrams Road (PID 4923). - Council District 9, 13, & 14. The contractor will begin working in this area the week of April 24, 2017 and is scheduled to be completed winter 2017/2018. For more information on this project, please cllick Dist 9 13 and 14 Skillman Street
- The North Texas Tollway Authority will begin an improvement project on the Dallas North Tollway (DNT) between Harvest Hill Road and Interstate 35E in April 2017. The two-year project will include replacing the tollway's center barrier and pavement. The work will occur within the cities of Dallas, University Park and Highland Park. To minimize traffic impacts, the improvement work will be conducted during off peak hours at night and during some weekends. Some temporary lane and ramp closures may be needed. While the barrier is being removed and replaced, the work will be noisy, and the main lanes of the DNT will need to be narrowed. Throughout the project, NTTA plans to the public informed through a variety of communications tools including e-newsletters, lane and ramp closure announcements, information posted on NTTA.org, traffic advisories, social media posts and when needed, community meetings. The Project Fact Sheet explains the DNT overlay and barrier project.
District 13 Zoning Change Applications
District 13 Board of Adjustment Applications