Dear Friends and Neighbors,
First, I would like to thank all of those who supported me during the campaign and have given me the opportunity to serve as your elected Council Member for District 13. I am honored to have this opportunity to represent District 13 on the City Council, and I will continue to learn, research, and explore City Council issues so I can best represent you as your Council Member....
Read full letter...
News and Updates
- The City of Dallas is holding two town hall meetings to obtain comments on the work completed by the Citizens Bond Task Force and associated subcommittees for the proposed 2017 Capital Bond Program. The Public is invited to attend any of the following meetings
Dallas City Hall
City Council Chamber 6th Floor
1500 Marilla Street
Dallas TX 75201
Monday May 22nd
*Councilmember Gates will be in attendance
Thursday May 25th
The project will require a partial closure of Willow Lane from Inwood Road to just west of the Bachman Creek channel. The contractor plans to mobilize to Willow Lane and set up for the closure beginning the first of June 2017. Willow Lane within these limits will be closed daily from 7am to 7pm and re-opened in the evening after 7pm. After 7pm, 2-way traffic will be maintained along Willow in the current eastbound lanes keeping the north side of the street closed for construction equipment and materials.
During the closure, traffic will be detoured to Welch Road, Forest Lane, and Harvest Hill. Appropriate traffic control barriers and signage will be provided. In coordination with Traffic Control, staff has elected to detour east-west traffic from Willow Lane to Welch Road rather than Nashwood Lane and Drujon Lane due to the residential impact. Staff anticipates this phase of construction and associated closure to last approximately 8 weeks, finishing ahead of school openings.
- The Dallas Water Utilities is replacing the pump station at Walnut Hill and Hillcrest. Demolition of the old pump station and reservoir is now complete. Construction for this project will last through Fall of 2019. For more information on this project see the Walcrest Pump Station Fact Sheet and visit www.walcrest.org
District 13 Street Update
- Dallas Water Utilities (DWU) have a project on Walnut Hill from Surrey Oaks Drive to the Dallas North Tollway (DNT). All of the water mains have been installed and are operational. The paving over the new water mains is complete with the exception of the Inwood intersection and some other small areas that overlap the construction work for the wastewater main. Paving repairs east of Inwood should be completed within the next 2-3 weeks, weather permitting. This will allow for traffic lanes east of Inwood to be fully opened upon completion of paving repairs. The contractor also continues to work on the final section of wastewater main in front of Ursuline Academy. This week the contractor is removing tunneling equipment and then will begin installing pipe. Once the pipe is installed a new manhole will be built in front of Ursuline and the contractor will backfill the tunnel pits. Temporary paving will be placed in Walnut Hill Lane over the backfilled pits. Staff expects that paving restoration from Inwood to the Tollway will be completed in May 2017 before Memorial Day. The contractor will return after the holiday to finish the remaining work west of Inwood.
- Dallas Water Utilities is constructing new water and wastewater mains on Royal Lane from Cromwell Drive west (PID #4616). The contractor will begin working in this area the week of April 24, 2017 and is scheduled to be completed the end of spring 2016. For more information on this project, please click Dist 13 Royal Lane
- Dallas Water Utilities is constructing new water and wastewater mains on Skillman Street from Larmanda to Abrams Road (PID 4923). - Council District 9, 13, & 14. The contractor will begin working in this area the week of April 24, 2017 and is scheduled to be completed winter 2017/2018. For more information on this project, please cllick Dist 9 13 and 14 Skillman Street
- Mobility and Street Services Department has resurfaced Midway Road from the11,800 block through its 12,700 block-or from Forest to Harvest Hill. The scope of work totaled 5.47 street lane miles. Striping remains to be done in this same segment of Midway Road and it should be done within the following two weeks. No other work is planned contiguous to either end of this Midway Road Segment. Midway Road section from BlueBonnet Rd to Northwest Hwy West (blocks 8700 - 9100) is also planned for concrete partial reconstruction repairs between now and Sep 30, 2017. Lastly, the 8200 and 8300 blocks of Midway Road will be Slurry Sealed later this year during summer no later than Sep 30, 2017, weather permitting.
- The North Texas Tollway Authority will begin an improvement project on the Dallas North Tollway (DNT) between Harvest Hill Road and Interstate 35E in April 2017. The two-year project will include replacing the tollway's center barrier and pavement. The work will occur within the cities of Dallas, University Park and Highland Park. To minimize traffic impacts, the improvement work will be conducted during off peak hours at night and during some weekends. Some temporary lane and ramp closures may be needed. While the barrier is being removed and replaced, the work will be noisy, and the main lanes of the DNT will need to be narrowed. Throughout the project, NTTA plans to the public informed through a variety of communications tools including e-newsletters, lane and ramp closure announcements, information posted on NTTA.org, traffic advisories, social media posts and when needed, community meetings. The Project Fact Sheet explains the DNT overlay and barrier project.
- Dallas Water Utilities has a scheduled Wastewater Pipeline installation from LBJ Freeway and Dallas North Tollway to Northaven Road. Work started in March 2017 with an estimated completion date of April 2018, weather permitting. Construction along Inwood will be confined to Southbound lanes, and no closure of Inwood will occur during construction. During May, the majority of the traffic impacts will be on Northaven. Flaggers will direct traffic affected by trench construction during working hours. Two way traffic on Northaven will be maintained after working hours. After tunneling work at the intersection of Forest Lane and Inwood Road is complete, a section of paving for the tunneling shaft will be restored. The right lane on southbound Inwood just north of Forest Lane will be reopened after the concrete is allowed to cure. The contractor plans to mobilize to Willow Lane and set up for the closure beginning the first of June 2017. Willow Lane within these limits will be closed daily from 7am to 7pm and re-opened in the evening after 7pm. After 7pm, 2-way traffic will be maintained along Willow in the current eastbound lanes keeping the north side of the street closed for construction equipment and materials. During the closure, traffic will be detoured to Welch Road, Forest Lane, and Harvest Hill. Appropriate traffic control barriers and signage will be provided. In coordination with Traffic Control, staff has elected to detour east-west traffic from Willow Lane to Welch Road rather than Nashwood Lane and Drujon Lane due to the residential impact. Staff anticipates this phase of construction and associated closure to last approximately 8 weeks, finishing ahead of school openings. Project Information Sheet (May 2017 Update)
- Dallas Water Utilities (DWU) has scheduled a pipeline replacement project in the Alley between Fredrick Dquare and Sherry Lane from Lomo Alto Drive to Douglas Ave starting November 7, 2016, with an estimated completion date of spring 2017.
- The Dallas Water Utilities is replacing the pump station at Walnut Hill and Hillcrest. DWU Facility Condition Assessment listed the 63-year-old Walcrest pump station as 8th poorest condition facility in the system therefore the pump station is in need of replacement. Construction for this project will last through Fall of 2019. For more information on this project please visit www.walcrest.org .
District 13 Zoning Change Applications
- Z145-215 9407 Midway Rd. In review, pending before CPC
- Z156-155 Preston Hollow Village Project Amend planned development district 750 at 7700 Meadow Park Drive, 7704 Willow Wind Court, 7707 Walnut Hill Lane. District 11, Approved by CPC, pending before City Council.
- Z156-237 3740 W Northwest Highway Deferred at Council Meeting on 4/27/2016, pending CPC 09/07/2017
Z156-235 5550 LBJ Fwy Zoning Change, pending before CPC 5/18/2017
- Z156-297 8484 Walnut Hill Lane PD for MU-2 uses and mini-warehouse. In review
- Z167-177 Winston School 5707 Royal Lane This request is amend PD 8 to add an new amendment which includes an agreed upon solution with the neighbors to the north of the site for trees that were inadvertently removed from a drainage easement. Pending CPC 5/04/2017
- Z167-198 Hillcrest Road, Lakehurst Ave and Aberdeen Ave DISD is proposing to amend existing PD for Hillcrest High School. Approved by CPC, pending before City Council
- Z167-206 Meadow Brook School 5414 W NW HWY Addition of classroom to the Meadowbrook School. Pending before City Council 6/14/2017
- Z167-216 10031 Marsh Lane SUP for a restaurant to serve alcoholic beverages. Pending before CPC 5/04/2017
- Z167-237 Northside of Meadow Road, both sides of Treehouse Lane. Amendment to modify rules for shared access developments. In review.
- Z167-252 8350 Park Lane and 5918 Ridgecrest Road Change zoning from MF-2 (A) to MF-3A Multifamily District. In review.
- Z167-278 3909 Sherwood Forest Add provisions for single family uses that will facilitate a shared access development to allow up to 33 single family lots to have one access point. In review.
- Z167-282 7915 Greenville Avenue Amendment to allow the expansion of an existing equipment building. In review.
- Z167-290 7606 Greenville Avenue East side of Greenville, northeast of Meadow Road. Terminate deed restrictions. In review.
- Z167-297 5414 Forest Lane Install a monument sign. In review.
District 13 Board of Adjustment Applications