You have 31 days from when the citation was issued to appear. You may make your appearance online, by mail, by telephone, and in person. Live Chat and email do not satisfy an appearance. If you fail to make your appearance within the 21 days, you are subject to added fines, fees, and possible warrants for your arrest. NON-Civil citations have 21 days to appear. If you are unsure which type of citation you received, you can contact the Court before the 21 days expires to verify.
If the person charged is a corporation or a business entity, the corporation or business entity must be represented by an attorney.
Plead not liable and request a hearing.
To set a hearing you must be within the first 31 days of issuance of the citation. You are only able to request a hearing by mail and in-person at the Court. Live chat, phone, and, email are not valid options.
Any request for the Inspector to be present at a full hearing subsequent to the pre-hearing must be in writing and received by the Municipal Court at least 5 calendar days before the scheduled hearing. Failure to timely request the inspector's presence will waive the right to have the inspector present at the hearing.
Dallas Municipal Court
2014 Main St.
Dallas, TX 75201-4406
The Court uses the postmark date on the letter (stamped by the postal service) as the received date. Mailing certified is recommended but is not required.
The City of Dallas Municipal Court does not have free or dedicated parking for the public. Paid parking options include street metered parking, daily lots, and private garages.
Walk-in court (proof or plea) is open and accessible to the public as a first come first served docket. Sign-in begins at 7:30 a.m. and court opens at 8:30 a.m. There is a limited number of people that can be scheduled per docket. Once the morning docket is full, you can wait on the 1:00 p.m. docket or come back another day. Once the afternoon docket is full, you can return another business day to sign up for the walk-in court (proof or plea).
Morning Open Court Afternoon Open Court
Monday: 8:30 am – 10:30 am 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Tuesday: 8:30 am – 10:30 am 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm & 3:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am – 10:30 am 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am – 10:30 am 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Friday: 8:30 am – 10:30 am 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Options for the walk-in court (proof or plea) for civil citations
Plead guilty or no contest to the case and choose one of the following options:
- Compliance / Dismissal proof;
- Pay the fine;
- Request a hearing (**see details above).
- The defendant has a right to appeal a finding of liability to the municipal court before the 31st day after the date this order is filed with the clerk.
- If the defendant does not perfect a timely appeal, this order shall become final. Unless this order is suspended through a properly filed appeal including posting a bond with the municipal court for twice the amount of the administrative penalties, fees, and court costs, the administrative penalty must be paid within 31 calendar days after the date entered below.
- If the administrative penalty is not timely paid, the City may refer the administrative penalty to a collection agency and the cost to the City for collection services will be assessed as costs and added to the administrative penalty assessed in this order.
- The City may enforce this order by filing a civil suit for collection of the administrative penalty and court costs and/or obtaining an injunction to prohibit specific conduct that violates this order or to require specific conduct necessary for compliance with this order.