Applying for a Portable Fire Hydrant Meter:
Apply for a portable fire hydrant meter by completing the Fire Hydrant Contract and Application
- Email completed application and picture Identification for approval to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once a portable fire hydrant meter application is approved, Dallas Water Utilities will email the applicant with the account number.
The $2,150.00 deposit can be paid by:
- By Phone (IVR) at 214/651-1441
- Online at email@example.com
- By Mail at City of Dallas, City Hall 2DS, Dallas Texas 75277
- Night box located in front of 1500 Marilla (on the Ervay side of the building)
Once the deposit is paid and verified, Dallas Water Utilities will provide pickup approval by email. The meter can be picked up at the Meter Operations – Repair Shop. Pick up and drop off of portable fire hydrant meters is located at the back of the building.
Meter Operations – Repair Shop
2821 Municipal St.
Dallas, TX 75215
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm