Water Utilities

​In​formation for Developers

​This section will assist you in establishing new water or wastewater service with DWU. It provides an overview of the more significant requirements to establish new water and wastewater service. Certain details not covered by this section are specified in the City of Dallas Building Codes. The term "new service" applies to property that is to be developed or redeveloped and will require active metered service.

Note: Effective February 1, 2009, all water and wastewater permits sold will require an Employer's Identification Number (EIN) (commercial customers) or a Social Security Number (SSN) (residential customers). Please be sure to include this information on your Application and Contract for Installation Purposes.

How to Get Hydrant Test Data:  Hydrant test data requests should be directed to the Development Services department. Visit the department's Fire Protection Plan Frequently Asked Questions page and read the information provided under the question, "How do I get hydrant test data?".

Information for Lake Ray Hubbard Take Area Projects

This guideline is prepared to summarize the easement acquisition and construction permit issuance process in Lake Ray Hubbard Take Area as requested by the outside Cities and their authorized representatives including developers, consultants and contractors.