This is a public investment program involving targeted areas in Dallas showing signs of distress such as high numbers of vacant lots, aging housing and code compliance complaints. The city is concentrating 60% to 80% of the affordable housing funds and the Community Development Block Grant Public Improvement funds in these areas.
The Neighborhood Investment Program (NIP) emphasis is to leverage private development and other public neighborhood investments; facilitate sustainable neighborhood redevelopment through stakeholder/community partnerships; and targeting city resources and initiatives in the following areas:
- Housing Rehabilitation/Reconstruction/New Construction
- City participation through other funding sources allows for Land Banking for Infill Development
- Economic Development
- Public Improvements/Neighborhood Beautification
- Enhanced Code Enforcement and Community Prosecution Programs
Currently there are five designated NIP target areas as shown below:
- West Dallas Area: East of Hampton Rd, North of Singleton Blvd and South of Canada Drive
- South Dallas: Ideal and Rochester Park Neighborhoods
- South Dallas: Jubilee, Owenwood, Dolphin Heights and Frazier Courts Neighborhoods
- Lancaster/Kiest Corridor: Lancaster Road, generally between Illinois Ave and Simpson Stuart Rd (including Alameda Heights)
North Oak Cliff - Marsalis: East of Marsalis Pkwy, south of Colorado Blvd, and west/north of Interstate 35
This Adobe PDF map contains all five areas. You can open it and zoom in/out on the map to view the areas in more detail.
For more information about this program, contact the Housing Department at (214) 670-4529.