How do we do this?
The FreshStart Employment Program also supports the client throughout the application and interview process, before the process handoff to Human Resources for new hire onboarding. To prevent background checks from becoming a barrier, the City of Dallas has adjusted its background check process for all eligible FreshStart Employment Program clients, who have completed all eligibility, readiness and training requirements
In collaboration with community partners and advocates, the FreshStart Employment Program will ensure participants are supported in coordinated programs and training (case management, budgeting skills, job skills training and soft skills, etc.), including housing, and other comprehensive services.
What are the Requirements?
FreshStart clients are considered eligible, by meeting all criteria below: The initial step to pre-determine program eligibility is to complete and submit the online pre-eligibility form.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Considered by pre-eligibility determination
- Released from incarceration a minimum of “upon release” to six (6) months ago
- Have attended or agree to attend workforce development training and/or a job readiness workshop
- Must be coachable and willing to learn
Criminal Background Considerations
- Misdemeanors Charges – Non-Aggravated - NO Waiting Period
- Felony Charges – Non-Aggravated – 6-month Waiting Period
- Felony Charges – Aggravated - 2-year minimum Waiting Period
- Other Felony Charges (Violent) – 5-year minimum Waiting Period
- Pending cases will not be considered until the case is resolved
- Active Warrants will not be considered until lifted
- Deferred Adjudication allowed
- Probation/Parole allowed
For information regarding our positions and/or program eligibility requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Reentry Coordinator below:
Marcus Stewart SR.,MA/BS
Reentry Workforce Coordinator
Mobile: 214. 470. 4288
Note: Attending FreshStart events does not guarantee employment, and program eligibility does not guarantee employment