The Dallas High Speed Rail Project consists of a passenger rail system that will operate from Dallas to Houston in an estimated travel time of less than 90 minutes.
Texas Central Partners is the private company currently developing the system.
On August 24, 2016, the Dallas City Council authorized a Cooperation Agreement with Texas Central Rail Holdings LLC to agree upon both entities working together throughout the federal, state and local review processes.
Key Performance Criteria the City of Dallas will aim to achieve are:
- Economic and Environmental Sustainability
- Economic Development
- High Quality Urban Design
- Infrastructure Enhancement and Circulation Improvements
- Multi-Modal Transportation Connections
- Revenue Enhancements for City Facilities
Click below to view a current map of the High Speed Rail alignment through Dallas County:
Dallas County Alignment