311 Frequently Asked Questions
Citizen Web Portal
1. How do I use the mobile app?
1. How do I access and use the Dallas 311 Web Portal?
- Go to the City of Dallas homepage (dallascityhall.com).
- Scroll down and click the "Request a Service" button.
- What is 311 Knowledge and why do I need to use it?
311 Knowledge is a database of articles in Salesforce that gives summary information about City of Dallas Departments, Offices & Services. This database provides fast and easy access to City of Dallas information, eliminating the need to browse for long periods of time to find information.
- How do I access 311 Knowledge?
- Go to the 311 section of the City of Dallas homepage and click Request a Service near the middle of the page OR
- Go to the Salesforce Web portal @ https://dallascrm.force.com/public/servicetypes
- Click the Knowledge tab.
- Knowledge is in the system in the form of articles.
- Articles can be accessed using search or by browsing article categories (the three boxes on the screen).
- How do I use 311 Knowledge to find information about a City Department?
- Search for the information b typing keywords into the search box.
- For example, to search for Sustainable Development & Construction, type in keywords or phrases such as construction, development, sustainable or sustainable development.
- Select the desired article from the search results and view the contents.
- Note that articles are intended to provide summary information. Relevant links and attachments are included in articles to provide more detailed information and/or shortcuts to system features (such as the ability to create a service request).
- Can information about service requests be found in 311 Knowledge?
- Yes. Search for service request information using the method described above.
- The articles give descriptions of service requests along with a link to create the service request.
- What should I do if I notice outdated or incorrect information in 311 Knowledge?
- Call 3-1-1 and report the outdated or incorrect information.