Busch - Kirby Building and Annex1509-11 Main Street
Adolphus Busch developed this 17-story office building to serve as an office and retail supplement to his nearby Adolphus Hotel, which had been completed a year earlier. A significant example of terra cotta construction, the Busch building was one of the first Gothic-Revival style office towers in the nation. The A. Harris deaprtment store, founded in Dallas in 1891 and later named Sanger-Harris, was located here until 1965.
Designations: Dallas Landmark (1987), National Register of Historic Places (1974; 1979), Registered Texas Historic Landmark (1988), and State Historic Marker program (1988).
Further Research:Busch-Kirby Building Landmark Nomination Form