Fannin Elementary School was built in 1915 in the Neoclassical style of architecture. Lang and Witchell, a noted Dallas architectural firm, designed the building. The school is named after James W. Fannin, a colonel in the Texas Army who was a leader in the Texas Revolution of 1835-36. Ordinance #22856
Designations: Dallas Landmark (1996), National Register of Historic Places (1995).