Temporary Building Inspection Operation Procedures
The Sustainable Development and Construction department remains operational to continue providing service to our customers. We are temporarily limiting our walk-in services in order to provide a safe environment for our customers and staff. Please note the changes in our processes below.
Update: 4.1.2020 - In accordance with the orders of the
County Judge and Mayor of Dallas, we will not be issuing permits for elective
construction of additions and remodels. For more information, please see the
Dallas County’s website for the amended order
and FAQ’s. We will accept applications for these types of projects,
process and review them, but no permits can be issued for these projects until
the County order is no longer in effect. The City will continue inspections on
permitted projects but contractors should be aware of the County order. Thank
you for your understanding as we strive to keep everyone safe.
City of Dallas Covid-10 FAQs
Inspections are still
occurring under the normal process. Please request an inspection by using the
online inspection system or automated phone system. Click here
for more information about inspections.
- Commercial construction permits and Certificates of Occupancy can be submitted online using Project Dox at https://plansubmittal.dallascityhall.com. Plans may still be dropped off in Room 118 and customers will be contacted within 2-3 business days regarding payment.
- Consultations for zoning and Certificates of Occupancy may be made by calling (214) 948-4075 or (214) 948-4581. Customer information will be logged and staff will contact the applicant to discuss the project.
- Customers may apply for trade permits at https://developdallas.dallascityhall.com.
- Contractor registrations may be dropped off at Room 118 and staff will contact the applicant regarding paying fees once the application has been processed.
Residential Plan Reviews
If you are a homeowner submitting a permit for your own property and you cannot submit using our online ProjectDox system, you are required to use our Drop-Off Submission process. You are required to pay for your permit and we will notify you when the permit is complete.
If you need a consultation regarding single family residential construction you can request an appointment time by calling (214) 948-4480 and ask to speak with a residential plans examiner.
Conservation District Consultations
Building Code Consultations
- Building Code consultations are conducted on a first come, first served basis. Appointments can be made by calling (214) 948-4480 and asking to speak with a building code plans examiner.
Board of Adjustment Submittals
- If you need to submit an application for a Board of Adjustment case your submittal paperwork will be collected by the front staff in Room 105, date and time stamped, and provided to the Board of Adjustment Plans Examiner. You will be contacted by a staff member with further instructions and/or updates.
- Arborist consultations are conducted on a first come, first served basis. You can arrange an appointment by calling (214) 948-4480 and ask to speak with an Arborist.
- If you need a signature for an Early Release please sign-in at the customer service desk in Room 105 and one of the arborists will assist you.
We thank you for your patience as we navigate this process.