Bama Pie Company
1701 Fourth Ave.
The Bama Pie Company building, built in 1936, was among the first major non-retail enterprises in this area of South Dallas. Its establishment precipitated the transformation of the predominately residential suburb to a more urban commercial and manufacturing center. The company was started in the 1920s by Cornilla Alabama Marshall, who originally baked the pies in her kitchen and sold them out of the back of her husband Henry's truck to his construction workers. The business was expanded by their son Paul, who chose the South Dallas site for its proximity to the streetcar line. Read more about the Bama Pie Company in the Landmark Nomination Form below. Ordinance #24579Designations: Dallas Landmark (2001)Further Research:Bama Pie Company Landmark Nomination Form