1121 Pemberton Hill Road
Dallas County historically contained numerous, and varied, sources of water, including springs. Many have been lost to development. Big Spring is one of the last intact springs in the area. Human occupation of Big Springs dates to around 500 BC when prehistoric peoples used the land for hunting, gathering vegetation, stone tool manufacturing, and temporary shelter. Permanent settlement by Europeans began with the construction of a log cabin in 1868.
Designations: Dallas Landmark Site (2016), State Historic Marker Program (2014)