Dallas Power and Light Building
1506 Commerce Street and 1512 Commerce Street
Dallas Power and Light is a complex of three buildings. The building at 1512 Commerce Street, also known as the J.W. Crowdus Building, was constructed in 1903, and the 19-story building at 1506 Commerce was constructed in 1931. Dallas Power and Light began in 1917 and, at the time, the block was occupied by smaller businesses including the headquarers for DP&L. In 1930 the growing company expanded by acquiring several of the smaller surrounding properties and constructing the Art Deco skyscaper. Subsequent expansions resulted in the company occupying all of the buildings on the block by the 1982.
Designations: Dallas Landmark (2003)Further Research:Dallas Power and Light Building Landmark Nomination Form