Historic Preservation




Fidelity Union Life Complex

 1511 Bryan Street​


The Fidelity Union Life Complex is comprised of two towers - a 21-story tower built in 1952, a garage, and a 31-story addition built in 1959-60. It  was the former headquarters for the Fidelity Union Life Insurance Company, but had multiple tenants. The buildings represent a regionalized example of Mid-Century Modern.  The original structure's facade is composed of Kasota limestone panels and Malverne brick, and trimmed in deep green granite and bands of natural anodized aluminum windows. The 1960 addition complements the original structure with blond brick spandrels trimmed in green mosaic tile-wrapped perimeter columns interrupting the bands of aluminum framed windows. 

Ordinance #26321

Designations: Dallas Landmark(2006), National Register of Historic Places (1990)

Further Research: