Former Dr Pepper Dallas Bottling Plant
There are four individual buildings interconnected at the address 409, 413, 425, and 429 S. Second Avenue. They are located between the Fair Park and Deep Ellum neighborhoods, which were once connected but now seperated by a highway. The buildings at 425-429 Second Avenue, constructed in 1929 and 1930, served as the Dr Pepper Company's primary headquarters and bottling/distribution plant in Dallas. 425-429 Second Ave are characteristic of the architecture of Fair Park with its Art Deco details, while the buildings at 409-413 Second, which were pre-existing prior to Dr. Pepper's move, are more characteristic of the adjacent Deep Ellum warehouse style buildings.
Designations: Dallas Landmark (2001)