Historic Preservation


‚Äč


Gulf Refining Company / Hickory Street Annex




The Gulf Oil Company facility was built in 1921 and is comprised of six brick buildings arranged around a central yard. The buildings were historically designated by numbering system that is still visible on some of the structures.  The current identification system identifies the buildings by letters A-E (building A is two buildings). The complex served as a sales center and warehouse. Oil and gas was pumped from rail cars using pumps housed in Building E and into storage tanks. It was then pumped into trucks or barrels for distribution. Barrels were maintained and filled in Building F (now gone). The remaining buildings were utilized for the various operations of the distribution center. 

Ordinance #27772

Designations: Dallas Landmark (2009), National Register of Historic Places (2008)

Further Research: