Stone Street Historic District
The Sumpter-Leggit Building, a two-story brick commercial structure at 1525 Main Street, was constructed between 1982 and 1899. It is significant as one of the very few remaining 19th century masonry business buildings in Downtown Dallas. The Woolworth Building at 1520 Elm Street opened in 1913. It is significant for its original architectural elements that reflected innovative early 20th century retail design and was the Dallas flagship store for the F.W. Woolworth chain.
Designations: Dallas Landmark District (2002)