Dallas Tent and Awning Building3401 Commerce Street
Constructed in 1921, this was the largest tent and awning plant in the South. The building was also owned by the Murray Company who manufactured industrial equipment, including cotton gins and oil field equipment, here. The structure's simple ornamentation is reminiscent of the Chicago School style for commercial architecture.
Designations: Dallas Landmark (1994), National Register of Historic Places (1999).