523 Eads Avenue
The Kovandovitch House was built in 1914 by Czech immigrant Joe Kovandovitch to resemble an Italian villa or temple. Concrete was used exclusively to form the shell of the building with sawdust and wood chips mixed into the concrete for insulation. Interesting elements of the house include; a portico at the main entry, vaulted roof forms and fluted, Ionic columns. Gutted by fire in 1984 and subsequently restored in the 1990's.
Designations: Dallas Landmark (1996)Further Research:Kovandovitch House Landmark Nomination Form