Lincoln High School
5000 Oakland Avenue
Lincoln High School, built in 1938 for African-American students, was designed in the new International Style that was just becoming popular at the time of its construction. It was the second high school designated for black students in the city, and a large number of students enrolled here to relieve massive overcrowding at Booker T. Washington High School. Built with a Public Works Administration grant, the campus was one of the largest in the city and contained twenty classrooms, chemistry and physics laboratories, auditorium, cafeteria, and library in the main building.
Designations: Dallas Landmark (1995), State Historic Marker Program (2006)Further Research:Lincoln High School Landmark Nomination Form