6900 Grady Niblo Road
The site of these historic structures was originally owned by Everard Sharrock Jr. and has a long history of documented ownership dating from the Peters Colony settlement. The log cabin, hand-dug well, root cellar and log barn were constructed in 1847, while the farmhouse is believed to date between the late 1800s and early 1900s. A plank barn is thought to date from the 1920s-30s. The date for the chicken coop is unknown.
Ordinance #28875Designations: Dallas Landmark (2013), National Register of Historic Places (2015), Registered Texas Historic Landmark (2015), Texas Historic Marker Program (2015).Further Research:Sharrock Niblo Park Landmark Nomination Form