Winnetka Heights Historic District
Winnetka Heights is a large residential development platted in 1908 on the south side of the Trinity River in Oak Cliff section. The district is a collection of one-story frame bungalows and two-story Prairie-influenced Four Square homes, and it is one of the most intact of the early 20th century neighborhoods in Oak Cliff. Winnetka Heights was Dallas' sixth historic district adopted in 1981. This neighborhood consists of more than 600 residential structures and 20 commercial structures situated on 50 city blocks, making it the second largest historic district in Dallas.Winnetka Heights Ordinance (Codified)
Designations: Dallas Landmark District, National Register of Historic Places (1983), State Historic Marker Program ( 1982).