The attached documents list the general guidelines to the Yard, Lot and Space Regulations. There may be exceptions to this information. See 51A-4.100 of the Dallas Development Code for specific details.
Minimum front yard is: 50 feet
Minimum side yard is: 20 feet
- Minimum rear yard is: 50 feet for single family structures and
- 10 feet for other permitted structures
- Setbacks may be greater or lesser due to exceptions in the Dallas Development Code, exceptions include, but not limited to, platted building lines and more restrictive zoning district setbacks in the same block.
Maximum structure height is: 24 feet
Dwelling Unit Density
No maximum dwelling unit density
Floor Area Ratio
No maximum floor area ratio
- Maximum lot coverage is: 10% for residential structures
- 25% for nonresidential structures
1. Above ground parking structures are included in lot coverage calculations;
2. Surface parking lots and underground parking structures are not
Minimum lot area for residential use is: 3 acre
No maximum number of stories
See Use Regulations for Off-Street Parking Requirements
See Use Regulations for Off-Street Loading Requirements
See Article X
Farming, ranching and gardening activities
For additional information about the Yard, Lot and Space Regulations, please call Building Inspection, 214-948-4480 and ask for Zoning.