The Urban Design Peer Review Panel (UDPRP) is comprised of local Design, Planning and Engineering professionals. The UDPRP provides urban design advice to City staff, Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Boards, Plan Commission and City Council as applicable for projects. Project reviews are required by 1) projects applying for TIF, 2) municipal projects within TIF districts 3) projects requested by applicants and 4)other projects as designated by the City Manager or Directors of Sustainability, Housing, Economic Development with the approval of the City Manager. The UDPRP meets monthly.
Review UDPRP Meeting Agendas & Notes
2020 Meeting Schedule
July - No Meeting|
*Meetings are normally held at Dallas City Hall, Rm 5E South.
The Purpose of Peer Review
The purpose of the Urban Design Peer Review Panel (UDPRP) is to provide timely, consistent and effective urban design advice for applicable and/or identified projects.
The UDPRP provides advice to staff, the City's Tax Increment Fund Boards, Plan Commission and City Council as applicable.
The UDPRP is charged to review projects to:
- Ensure the goals of
forwardDallas!, TIF Design Guidelines and other policies are met within in the context of urban design
- Ensure that new buildings and public spaces demonstrate a high level of design, fit well within their context, contribute to Dallas' economic success, and contribute to Dallas' competitive advantage and the quality of life for its citizens
- Support creative design responses in new development
- Foster an effective working relationship with the development community
- Broaden public discussion about design
What Projects Will Require Peer Review?
The UDPRP provides urban design advice for a variety of projects throughout the City of Dallas. The following includes a complete list of projects which will require submittal to the peer review process:
- Projects that are applying for
- Municipal Projects within existing or previous
TIF Districts or designated area plans
- Projects at the applicant's request
- Other projects as designated by the City Manager or by the Director of Sustainable Development, Director of Housing, or Director of Economic Development with the approval of the City Manager