Public Works

Right-of-Way Management

Right-of-Way Permit ​Management

Joe Smetak

A permit is required to perform any construction work within the public right-of-way or any construction work outside of the public right-of-way that will cut, break, or otherwise damage the public right-of-way. Technical standards governing pavement cut and repair are provided in the Pavement Cut and Repair Standards Manual.  For Right-of-Way permits access, go to ​For an interactive map of Right-of-Way permits with an Issued or In Warranty status, go to  If you have any questions, please send them to


Traffic Control Permit

Gary Hughes

Israel Hernandez-Rodriguez


A traffic control permit is required if construction work in or outside the public right-of-way will result in any closure of a traffic lane, blocking of a sidewalk or alley.  A traffic control plan must be submitted with the permit application and must include detailed drawings showing the proposed traffic controls for vehicular and pedestrian traffic for each phase of the proposed work in the public right-of-way. Traffic control plans can be submitted through the Right-of-Way Permit Management System.

Street Closure/Block Party

Neighborhood Block Party Permits are issued through the Department of Public Works, Traffic Safety Coordinators. The City of Dallas does not charge a fee for these permits, but does require a completed Block Party Petition to be submitted ten (10) business days prior to the event. The completed petition form and supporting documents can be submitted as a Traffic Control Permit application through the Right-of-Way Permit Management System.