Office of the City Secretary
Dallas Municipal Archives
1500 Marilla Street, 5D South
Dallas, Texas 75201
Creator||Office of the City Secretary|
Title||Vickery Place Addition Extension|
Quantity||.25 linear inch|
Abstract||Correspondence, plans, memoranda, correspondence, petition.|
Records are in English|
Scope and Content
Collection contains plans, memoranda, correspondence, and a petition related to annexing 46 lots to the north of the original Vickery Place boundaries, thus extending the city limits of Dallas.
The Vickery Place addition was created out of the survey of three farms in August 1911 and developed by the Works‑Coleman Land Company. The Land Company was directed by Richard Vickery, J.E. Coleman, Osce Goodwin, George W. Works, and J. Houston Miller. The addition was named after Lillian Vickery Works, George's wife. Richard Vickery of the Land Company was her father.
The original Vickery Place boundaries were the H&TC Railroad to the west (the future site of the North Central Expressway), Goodwin Avenue on the north, Richardson Pike/Ross Avenue Extension (Greenville Avenue) on the east, and Bonita and Melrose Avenues on the south. Neighborhood street names, such as Richard, Miller, and Goodwin, reflect the people involved with the project.
These documents address extending the Vickery Place Addition to include lots north of Goodwin Avenue and west of Greenville Road.
Permission to publish, reproduce, distribute, or use by any and all other current or future developed methods or procedures must be obtained in writing from the Dallas Municipal Archives. All rights are reserved and retained regardless of current or future development or laws that may apply to fair use standards.
Vickery Place Addition Extension, 1920 (Box <x>, Folder <y>), Dallas Municipal Archives
Dallas -- Texas -- History
Neighborhoods -- Texas -- Dallas
Vickery Place (Dallas, Tex.) -- History
|1||1||Vickery Place Addition Extension, 1920|