Office of the City Secretary
Dallas Municipal Archives
1500 Marilla Street, 5D South
Dallas, Texas 75201
|Creator||Office of the City Secretary|
|Title||Caruth Place Addition|
|Quantity||0.13 linear inch|
|Language||Records are in English|
Scope and Content
Collection consists of correspondence between Collett Munger and City Secretary M. G. James.
The Caruth Place addition was developed out of property owned by Walter Caruth (1826-1897). Walter, and his brother William (1827-1885), amassed approximately 30,000 acres of Dallas County property in the area currently bordered by Inwood Road and White Rock Lake on the west and east and Ross Avenue and Forest Lane to the south and north.
The Caruth Place subdivision, the first residential subdivision in Dallas, was built in 1863. Its boundaries were Bonita Street to the north, McMillan Avenue to the west, Greenville Road to the east, and Richmond Avenue to the south.
Collett Munger (1879-1928), the author of the letter, was a prominent real estate man of Dallas and developer of Munger Place.
This collection, dated 1920, contains correspondence with an attached map contending that an alley in the subdivision is public property.
Permission to publish, reproduce, distribute, or use by any and all other current or future developed methods or procedures must be obtained in writing from the Dallas Municipal Archives. All rights are reserved and retained regardless of current or future development or laws that may apply to fair use standards.
Caruth Place Addition, 1920 (Box <x>, Folder <y>), Dallas Municipal Archives
Dallas -- Texas -- History
Dallas County (Tex.) -- Maps
|1||1||Letter with attachment from Collett Munger to City Secretary M. G. James, 1920|