|Repository||Dallas Municipal Archives|
Office of the City Secretary
1500 Marilla Street, 5D South
Dallas, Texas 75201
|Creator||City of Dallas|
|Title||Bound City of Dallas Traffic Ordinances|
|Dates||1950, 1959, 1974 |
|Quantity||.2 linear inches |
|Abstract||City of Dallas traffic ordinances from 1950, 1959, 1974.|
|Language||Records are in English|
Scope and Content
Collection consists of City of Dallas Ordinance booklets from May 2, 1950; September 21, 1959; and July 1, 1974. These printed and bound ordinances were extracted from the Dallas City Code.
The first automobile ordinance in the City of Dallas was passed in 1907 and has been amended and altered many times. To further administer the regulation of traffic and signals, the City of Dallas Traffic Control Department was organized in September 1944; although, the city previously had a traffic engineer between 1939 and 1944. Current traffic codes are contained in the Dallas City Code, Chapter 28 "Motor Vehicles and Traffic."
The collection is arranged in chronological order.
Permission to publish, reproduce, distribute, or use by any and all other current or future developed methods or procedures must be obtained in writing from the Dallas Municipal Archives. All rights are reserved and retained regardless of current or future development or laws that may apply to fair use standards.
Bound City of Dallas Traffic Ordinances, 1950, 1959, 1974 (Box <x>, Folder <y>), Dallas Municipal Archives
Dallas -- Texas -- History
Ordinances, Municipal -- Texas -- Dallas
|1||1||City of Dallas Traffic Ordinance 4775 as amended by Ordinances 4888, 4910A, 4915, 4923, and 4935, May 2, 1950|
|||2||City of Dallas Traffic Ordinance 14584, July 1, 1974|
|||3||City of Dallas Traffic Ordinance 8211, September 21, 1959|
|||4||Annotated City of Dallas Traffic Ordinance 4775 as amended by Ordinances 4888, 4910A, 4915, 4923, and 4935, May 2, 1950 [Fragile] |