|Repository||Dallas Municipal Archives|
Office of the City Secretary
1500 Marilla Street, 5D South
Dallas, Texas 75201
|Creator||City of Dallas Public Works and Transportation Department|
|Title||Trinity River Improvements|
|Quantity||0.25 linear inches|
|Abstract||Published report detailing the status of various Trinity River Corridor improvement projects. |
|Language||Records are in English|
Dallas -- Texas -- History Trinity River
Scope and Content
The collection consists of a published report detailing the status of various Trinity River Corridor improvement projects.
The portion of the Trinity River flowing through and around the City of Dallas has been connected historically to city government from its early use for commercial transportation to its use as a demarcating line between the northern and southern halves of the city, to its projected use as a recreational area. Dallas founder John Neely Bryan's original town survey used the Trinity as the western boundary, with streets laid out at right angles to the river. Flooding was a major problem in Dallas’ early years, the worst occurring in 1908. The bends in the river were straightened in 1929 and a series of levees built for flood control through a bond program that also included a number of new bridges, finally joining the two halves of the city.
Permission to publish, reproduce, distribute, or use by any and all other current or future developed methods or procedures must be obtained in writing from the Dallas Municipal Archives. All rights are reserved and retained regardless of current or future development or laws that may apply to fair use standards.
Trinity River Improvements, 1997 (Box <x>, Folder <y>), Dallas Municipal Archives
Collection 2016-002—US Army Corps of Engineers Trinity River Documents
Trinity River Basin (Tex.)
|1||1||Trinity River Corridor, 1997|