UPCOMING CPOB MEETING:
The Board's next meeting will be held by videoconference on October 13, 2020 from 5:30p.m. - 8:30p.m. To watch the meeting via WebEx please
To register to speak see instructions below:
A person wishing to address the Community Police Oversight Board must first register with the Office of Community Police Oversight and provide the following information: name, residence address, daytime telephone number, the subject matter to be presented, and whether the subject is on the current Community Police Oversight Board meeting agenda. A person may register by electronic mail at OCPO@dallascityhall.com, or by telephone at 214-671-8283. The deadline for registering to address the Board at this Community Police Oversight Board meeting is 12:00p.m. on October 13, 2020. No person may register to speak during an open microphone period more than once within any 30-day period.
The mission of the Community Police Oversight Board is to enhance the public’s trust that complaints of misconduct against departmental employees are conducted fair and thoroughly, are transparent, and ensure City of Dallas residents have an accessible means to the complaint process.
Duties and Functions:
- Ensure fair acceptance and processing of external administrative complaints
- Review facts and evidence of a critical or external administrative complaint against a police officer
- Direct the monitor (Office of Community Police Oversight) to initiate independent administrative investigation
- Engage in community outreach
- Accept from members of the public written complaints
- Take sworn testimony from witnesses
- Request the City Manager to review disciplinary action taken by the Chief of Police
- Recommend to the City Manager and Chief of Police improvements to Departmental procedures, practices, training, and early warning systems
Contact the Board
The Board holds public meetings the second Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m., in City Hall, 1500 Marilla, Room L1FN. Call the Office of Community Police Oversight (214) 671-8283 for further information or email OCPO@dallascityhall.com.
Community Police Oversight Board.pdf
Frequently Asked Questions
Office of Community Police Oversight Frequently Asked Questions.pdf
August 11, 2020
July 15, 2020
June 9, 2020