Office of the City Secretary
Dallas Municipal Archives
1500 Marilla Street, 5D South
Dallas, Texas 75201
|Creator||City of Dallas|
|Title||Memorandum of Agreement - Union Terminal Company|
|Quantity||0.25 linear inches|
|Abstract||Legal document and blueprints related to agreement between the Union Terminal Company and the City of Dallas.|
|Language||Records are in English|
Scope and Content
The collection consists of a copy of a memorandum of agreement between the Union Terminal Company and the City of Dallas regarding placement of a telephone pole and transmission lines.
The Union Terminal Company was chartered on March 16, 1912, as part of a project to secure a union station for the seven railroads then serving Dallas. By 1916, the company built five miles of track within Dallas, and the terminal building, Union Station, was opened in October of that year. In addition, the Trinity River was dredged, its course altered by one mile, and an additional nineteen miles of approach track was laid. The original owners of the Union Terminal company, each with an one-eighth interest, were the Chicago, Rock Island and Gulf; Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe; Houston and Texas Central; Missouri, Kansas and Texas of Texas; St. Louis, San Francisco and Texas; St. Louis Southwestern of Texas; Texas and Pacific; and Trinity and Brazos Valley. In 1925, the Fort Worth and Denver City acquired the interest owned by the Trinity and Brazos Valley.
Permission to publish, reproduce, distribute, or use by any and all other current or future developed methods or procedures must be obtained in writing from the Dallas Municipal Archives. All rights are reserved and retained regardless of current or future development or laws that may apply to fair use standards.
Memorandum of Agreement - Union Terminal Company, 1924 (Box <x>, Folder <y>), Dallas Municipal Archives
Dallas -- Texas – History
Railroad stations -- Texas -- Dallas
|1||1||Memorandum of Agreement Union Terminal Company, 1924|