Dallas Animal Services

Barking Dogs

For assistance with dogs barking for an extended period of time, please ​contact 311. Provide the call taker with as much information as possible including: location, date, time of the incident, and any other specific details you might have.

A letter will then be sent to the owner of the dog and a copy will be sent to the complainant (the owner will not have your information) regarding the noise complaint. If the letter does not remedy the problem, the complainant is then advised to file a formal complaint with the Municipal Court. To file a formal complaint with the Municipal Court, the dog has to be recorded barking consecutively for fifteen (15) minutes or longer. Please fill out an Application for Outside Complaint if you are sending the information to the Municipal Court.

Reference: Section 7-7.4 Dallas City Code