Our volunteers play an integral role in our operations, helping us to increase the number of lives we save, improve the quality of life of the animals in our shelter, and educate our community to help Dallas become home to the nation's best pet owners.
Get Started Today!
To get started as a DAS Volunteer, sign up for one of our upcoming orientations.
During orientation, you will learn about DAS, our programs and policies, and various volunteer opportunities.
Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. However, individuals under 18 years may volunteer as long as they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times, including volunteer orientation. For more information, please contact the DAS Volunteer Coordinator.
We offer a variety of opportunities for our volunteers, including:
Dallas90 Dog Runners
Dog playgroup assistance
Dog walking and socialization
Cat clicker training
- Customer Service
- Adoption support
- Offsite adoption event support
- Community outreach and education with our Southern Dallas CARE Team
Many of our volunteers also become foster parents and help to save the lives of the most vulnerable animals in our shelter by providing them a temporary home away from the shelter. Find out more about fostering now.
Single Day Volunteer Opportunities for Groups
- Group Volunteer Opportunities are available for two-hour time frames (longer time frames can be scheduled)
- Opportunities include making toys, providing treats to our animals and beautification/organizing projects
- Bringing much-needed donations to the shelter for the animals (i.e., towels, blankets, flat sheets, newspapers and old t-shirts)
- To sign up your group to volunteer,
please fill out this form